CHANGE YOUR NICKNAME POKEMON GO NOW !! – Along with version 0.33.0 of Pokémon Go, Niantic Labs now allows you to change your Trainer nickname — but only once per account
Now, you can change your nickname in-game. Here’s how:
- Open Pokémon Go from your home screen or app drawer.
- Tap the red Poké Ball on the bottom of your screen.
- Tap the Settings button on the top right of your screen.
- Tap Change Nickname in the Settings list.
- Tap Yes to the question “Do you want to change your nickname?”
- Enter desired nickname. Tap OK.
- Tap Yes to confirm.
How do I change my nickname or team?
Nickname changes are only allowed for players that accidentally input their real name or other personally identifiable information as their nickname. Request a nickname change via the Help Center. Change requests currently take several weeks to review and process.
Unfortunately, we are unable to change make team changes at this time.